The following health inspections are for the period of May 10-15:
• Bully’s Restaurant, 3530 N. Carson St., scored 94 points. Observed improper hand-washing protocol. Kitchen staff person wrapped/covered containers of food in the reach-in, then rubbed face, then touched garbage in the trash can, then handled dirty dishes, then proceeded to put away clean dishes from the dishwasher. Found ice scoop laying in the ice bin at the drink station. Found another ice scoop laying on top of the main ice machine.
• Taqueria Uraupan Restaurant, 4601 Goni Road #A, scored 94 points. Found dirty cooking pans stored in the only kitchen hand-wash sink ready to be washed in the 3C sink. Found foods being cooled improperly. Refried beans are at 110 F and covered in the reach-in. Chili meat is at 96 F and covered in the reach-in.
• Carson Plaza Restaurant, 2120 E. Long St., scored 100 points.
• Rigobertos Taco Shop Restaurant, 3359 Highway 50 East, scored 100 points.
• Lady Tamales Restaurant, 933 E. Woodside Dr., scored 99 points. There is no sanitizer bucket set up to hold wet wiping cloths.
• Las Palmitas Restaurant, 1939 N. Carson St., scored 98 points. Food contact surfaces of the ice machine contained debris. There was some buildup on the drip edge of the plastic ice chute.
• Laundry Lounge Convenience Store, 1300 E. Fifth St., scored 99 points. There were no “No Smoking” signs posted at each entrance as required by NRS.
• Eagle Gas II Convenience Store, 1360 S. Carson St., scored 92 points. There was evidence of rodents in the establishment. Rodent droppings were found in the cabinet under the soda machine. Food contact surfaces of the ice machine were not clean. The inside top surfaces contained debris. Lights are not properly shielded or protected. The fixture above the soda machine did not have a cover or shield. Cleaning and maintenance tools are not properly stored. The mop bucket was found with dirty water in it.
• Terrible’s #861 Convenience Store, scored 100 points.
• Kabayan Multi-mart Retail Grocery, 321 Fairview Dr., scored 100 points.
• Los Garcia’s Mexican Restaurant, 2000 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Molly’s Catering & Gourmet Takeout, 220 W. John St., scored 100 points.
• Kids Ice Cream Mobile Vehicle, 4999 Highway 50 East, scored 100 points.
• Tacos Don Chepe Mobile Food Vehicle, 4999 Highway 50 East, scored 97 points. At least one employee who is a certified food handler must be on duty at all times that food is being prepared.
• Carson City Confections Bakery, 318 N. Carson St. #100, scored 100 points.