Health Inspections for 3/24
The following health inspections are for March 9-15:
• K9 Dog House, 3250 Retail Dr. #100, scored 94 points. Food is held hot between 135 and 139 degrees. Found chili and sauerkraut being held at 133 F after stirring. An employee’s hair is not effectively restrained. Food contact surfaces of equipment (ice scoop holder) or utensils are not clean.
• Mark Twain Elementary School Cafeteria, 2111 Carriage Crest Dr., scored 100 points.
• Food for Thought, 3579 Hwy. 50 E. #221, scored 100 points.
• Bethlehem Lutheran Church School, 1837 A N. Mountain St., scored 100 points.
• Grace Bordewich Elementary School Cafeteria, 110 S. Thompson St., scored 100 points.
• Wonder Bread and Hostess Cake Convenience Store, 4630 Hwy. 50 E. #1, scored 100 points.
• U.S. Submarine Base Restaurant, 1894 Hwy. 50 E. #10, scored 100 points.
• The Sub Factory, 2589 N. Carson St. #B, scored 97 points. Food contact surfaces of equipment or utensils are not clean. The ice machine needs all internal surfaces cleaned. Single service articles are stored in ladies’ restroom. Single service items are stored on floor in hall closet and are located under a shelf holding some cleaning chemicals.
• Carson Middle School Cafeteria, 1140 W. King St., scored 100 points.
• Dollar Tree Store Retail Grocery, 2709 N. Carson St., scored 99 points. Floors are not constructed of smooth durable material or are not maintained in good repair. Linoleum floors in the back food storage rooms need to be repaired.
• Empire Elementary School Cafeteria, 1260 Monte Rosa St., scored 100 points.
• Port O’ Subs #69 Restaurant, 3721 N. Carson St., scored 95 points. Meats and cheeses in the drop-in unit at 47-48 F on the surface. Keep these foods in deeper metal containers. Locate the thermometer in this unit by the foods for easy monitoring. Only keep as much product in this unit as will be used up within 4 hours.
• K9 Dog House Restaurant, 3250 Retail Dr. # 100, scored 100 points.
• Jackson’s Food Stores #128, 1400 Rand St., scored 100 points.