Health Inspections for June 1
The following health inspections are from the period of May 18-20. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• Walmart Supercenter #3408 Meat Department, 3200 Market St., scored 100 points.
• Walmart Supercenter #3408 Produce Department, 3200 Market St., scored 99 points. The misters and surrounding screens located over the fresh produce need cleaning to remove biofilm buildup.
• Walmart Supercenter #3408 Deli Department, 3200 Market St., scored 99 points. The pitted floor under the fryer units is not smooth, waterproof and cleanable. Some areas of the damaged area have been resurfaced, but not the entire area.
• Walmart Supercenter #3408 Bakery, 3200 Market St., scored 100 points.
• China East Restaurant, 1810 Highway 50 East, scored 96 points. Repeat: Found packages of foods stored next to chemicals on shelving in the rear storage/receiving room. Repeat: Found bowl being used to scoop uncooked rice. Found cut vegetables for stir-fry dishes at the cook line with a surface temperature of 58-64 F. Found one piece of unwrapped meat stored in grocery store bag plastic. Unpasteurized shell eggs are stored above other foods in the walk-in. Found a bowl of ginger stored directly on top of another bowl of uncovered ginger. Observed staff person washing teapot in the only kitchen hand sink. A small area of the kitchen floor to the left of the grills is not cleanable due to removal of kitchen tiles. The floor around the pallets located under the canned goods in the dry storage room needs cleaning.
• Ming’s Restaurant, 2330 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• B’Sghetti’s Inc. Restaurant, 318 N. Carson St., scored 96 points. Found expired dairy products in the kitchen and in the restaurant drink station cold units. Found carton of cream stored directly on top of cut vegetables in the kitchen make-up unit. Opaque salt and pepper containers are not labeled at the restaurant drink station. The can opener blade is dirty with food buildup. The ice scoop container located at the drink station needs cleaning.
• Bamboo Garden Restaurant Qin Song, 3735 S. Carson St., scored 97 points. Various food items were found in containers that were not labeled with the item name and date. For example, spices were found in unlabeled jars and various meats in the freezer were in containers without labels. A bag of onions was found on the floor in the walk-in cooler. A bowl of cooked chicken was found double-stacked in the top of the prep table refrigerator.
• Bamboo Garden Restaurant Sushi Bar, 3735 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Carson City Toyota Convenience Store, 2590 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.