Health inspections for May 12
The following health inspections are for the period of April 28-May 3:
• Super Burrito Restaurant, 1250 S. Carson St., scored 94 points. Readily perishable hot foods are held at temperatures that support micro-organismal growth between 40 F and 140 F, specifically meat 119-130 F and rice 123 F. In-use dispensing utensils are not stored properly.
• Toad’s Bar/Lounge, 306 E. William St., scored 99 points. Floors are not clean.
• Seven Eleven #22629 Convenience Store, 3701 N. Carson St., scored 97 points. Found hot dogs and other hot foods at 120 F in the hot cases. Staff related that these foods were recently placed on the rollers after the lunch rush. The drain hoses under the Slurpee machine in the floor sink need to be positioned above the flood rim, floor level.
• Carson Plaza Restaurant, 2120 E. Long St., scored 89 points. Inspector observed kitchen employee rub nose back and forth. Inspector then asked this employee to wash his hands before resuming his duties, and the employee headed to the middle basin of the 3-C sink. The inspector stopped the employee from proceeding and asked him if he normally washed his hands in the 3-C sink. The employee answered, “yes.” The inspector instructed him to wash his hands in the kitchen hand sink. Food is stored in containers which are inadequately labeled or unlabeled, specifically, dry foods in containers in the dry storage room. Found boxes of food stored on the floor in the dry storage room and in both walk-ins. A bag of onions was also found stored on the floor.
• Carson City Senior Center Food Facility, 911 Beverly Dr., scored 100 points.
• Donuts To Go Bakery, 1413 N. Carson St., scored 99 points. Loose coving in the restroom and in various places along the wall in the kitchen/bakery need to be reattached to the wall. The perimeter of the floors in the bakery area and in the dry storage room, bags of flour, need to be cleaned to remove food and other debris.
• Short Stop Market Finx Hot Dogs Restaurant, 1321 N. Carson St., scored 95 points. Found the reach-in unit with the uncooked hot dogs and various relishes holding an ambient temperature of 46-47 F. The foods were removed to the walk-in.
• Starbucks Coffee #11274 Restaurant, 3325 Retail Dr. #200, scored 100 points.
• Dotty’s #45 Bar/Lounge, 3305 Market St. #100, scored 100 points.
• Carson High School Cafeteria, 1111 Saliman Road, scored 100 points.
• Andrea’s Daily Detour Food Facility, 1263 S. Stewart St., scored 95 points. Poisonous or toxic materials are not properly stored.
• Lily’s China Bistro Restaurant, 1280 S. Carson St., scored 94 points. Evidence of employees consuming food while preparing or serving food. Cloths used on food-contact surfaces are not clean, do not contain sanitizer residual, or are not used properly.
• Beijing Palace Restaurant, 4250 Cochise St., scored 98 points. Food contact surfaces of the ice machine were not clean. The ice chute contained debris.
• Beijing Palace Bar/Lounge, 4250 Cochise St., scored 100 points.
• Thai Spice Kitchen Sushi Bar, 111 E. Telegraph St., scored 100 points.
• Thai Spice Kitchen Main Kitchen, 111 E. Telegraph St., scored 99 points. Dispensing utensils were found inside the bulk rice storage that did not have handles.