Health Inspections Jan. 20
The following health inspections are for the period of Jan. 4-12:
• B’Sghettis Restaurant, 318 N. Carson St., scored 100 points
• China Chef II Restaurant, 3135 Hwy. 50 East, scored 90 points. Food was found stored in the reach-in freezer in bags and containers which were not labeled with the name and date. Frozen beef and chicken were being thawed in a manner that does not minimize microbial growth, specifically in open containers at room temperature. Flour was in a bin in the cooking area with a lid which did not completely cover the container. Pans with no handles were found in several bulk foods including the ice. A can of pineapples was found with a large dent in it. Food contact surfaces of the cooking stove hood and several shelves in the kitchen were not clean. There were drops of grease forming in the hood, which must be removed. There was spilled food between items on some shelves. No certified food handler was present during this inspection. One certified food handler must be present during operations.
• Thurman’s Ranch House Restaurant, 2943 Hwy. 50 East, scored 97 points. At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler.
• Quik Stop Markets, Inc. Convenience Store, 3006 N. Roop St., scored 100 points.
• Papa Murphy’s Take and Bake Pizza, 1894 Hwy. 50 East, scored 95 points. Found cleaned, still wet food machine parts drying on cloth towels. Found jeans and a jacket stored on/next to canned food on the dry storage shelves. Found purse and open canned drink on the shelf where the packages of crust dough are stored. At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler.