Home & Garden Briefs
Workshop on soil fertility
Full Circle presents the class “Soil Fertility and Gardening Workshop” 11 a.m.-1 p.m. today in the Hungry Mother Organics hoop house, 3190 Highway 395, north of Carson City.
The workshop covers”
• How to jump start your garden accurately, for an incredible growing season
• The Full Circle Compost’s Hoola Hoop Gardening Method
• The Love Apple Story, How to grow 103 pounds of tomatoes on a single plant
• Expanding your growing season, hoop house and walls o water
Space is limited, so call to reserve a space at 775-267-5305 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Circle Compost is located behind Hungry Mother Organics, across the highway from Silver City RV.
Garden club to meet
The Green Thumb Garden Club will meet at 10 a.m. March 28 at the United Methodist Church, 1375 Centerville Lane, Gardnerville.
Theresa Higgs will talk about pruning.
For more information, call 265-9554.
March workshops cover pond startup and beneficial insects
Greenhouse Garden Center will continue with its free spring workshops.
• Spring Pond Startup seminar 10 a.m. today
Now is the time to be thinking about annual spring maintenance and startup of your pond. Doing it right now ensures that you have a beautiful pond that you will be enjoying all summer long.
• Gardening Naturally With Beneficial Insects and Micro-organisms 10-11 a.m. March 26
Not all insects are bad. Learn how garden without using harmful chemicals by using beneficial insects and micro-organisms.
Reservations are not required for either seminar, which will be taught by David Ruf, owner of the center. They will be held out doors, so dress for the weather.
Greenhouse Garden Center is located at 2450 S Curry St., Carson City. For further details call Greenhouse Garden Center at 882-8600.