Kids University returns for summer 2006 at UNR; registration starts April 8
The University of Nevada, Reno presents another summer of KIDS University, a day camp open to children entering grades two through eight, featuring seven weeklong sessions from June 19-Aug. 4. Sessions will be held on campus, and some also include field trips. Registration will open 7 a.m.-noon April 8 for walk-ins only.
KIDS University integrates fun and education for children to be active throughout their summer vacations. Full-day sessions run 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. weekdays with a lunch break followed by afternoon recreational activities. Half-day participants may be picked up at 12:15 p.m.
Sports, dance and hands-on projects in art, history and math are just a few areas included at KIDS University.
Call 784-4046 to receive a brochure with complete information. Local schools will distribute brochures to students in March. A brochure and registration form are also available for downloading at http://www.extendedstudies.unr.edu. A $25 nonrefundable and nontransferable deposit is required for each week-long session at time of registration. Individual fees for each week range from $140-155/full-day and $85-100/half-day.
Registration is available several ways on a first-come, first-served basis:
• Walk-in-only registration will be accepted at the university’s Continuing Education Building, 1041 N. Virginia St., first floor, 7 a.m.-noon April 8. Registration will be completed for all who are in line by noon.
Registrations will be accepted 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, April 10-July 31, each day, by:
• Phone with credit card payment, 784-4062 or 1-800-233-8928.
• Register in person on campus at the Continuing Education Building, 1041 N. Virginia St., Rm. 202.
• Register by mail with check or credit card payment using the registration form included in the KIDS U brochure.
• No faxed registrations will be accepted.
For information about KIDS University programs or registration procedures, call 784-4046 or 1-800-233-8928.