AAUW sets fall membership soiree for Aug. 24
August 13, 2018
Attendees at the Aug. 24 Fall Membership Soiree will learn about the American Association of University Women's goals and activities for our 75th year.
Our monthly meetings focus on issues that affect women and children today. AAUW Capital Branch members are lifelong learners, volunteers and advocates for community issues. We provide scholarships to local high school girls to enable them to continue their education. We also support AAUW fellowships and grants which support women scholars and their research projects. And, we provide salary negotiation workshops for local women. These activities are funded by our annual Feast of Chocolate in February as well as Pecan Sales each fall.
Membership is open to anyone holding an associate or equivalent, baccalaureate, or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Individuals who have received honorary degrees from qualified institutions are also eligible for membership.
The soiree will be held from 4 to 6:30 p.m. in the Nevada Room adjacent to the Governor's Mansion. Those interested in becoming a member are invited. For more information or to RSVP call 775-392-1772.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand