BLM seeks input on tactical off-road project
December 27, 2013
The Bureau of Land Management, Carson City District, Stillwater Field Office has made available an Environmental Assessment (EA) on the proposal from Bulletproof Tactical, LLC for a Tactical Vehicle Off-Highway Operations Project.
Public comments will be accepted through Jan. 27.
Bulletproof Tactical, LLC is proposing to use approximately 129 miles of existing roads, trails and rights-of-ways within Washoe, Storey and Churchill Counties to provide off-highway tactical vehicle training in a desert environment for military special operators, allied military, other government personnel, non-government personnel, and civilian drivers.
Training would be comprised of proper off-highway driving techniques, safe vehicle operations, vehicle maintenance, vehicle recovery procedures, and vehicle evaluation services of military prototype vehicles. No new road construction would be involved with this project.
The EA, maps, and other supporting documents are available at: http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/carson_city_field/blm_information/nepa.html.
Interested parties may submit written comments on the Project to the attention of: Angelica Rose, Stillwater Field Office, 5665 Morgan Mill Rd., Carson City, Nev. 89701, or via fax at 775-885-6147 ATTN: Angelica Rose.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit