BLM Utah official named new Nevada district manager
April 18, 2018
A U.S. Bureau of Land Management official from Utah who previously worked as an environmental protection specialist at Naval Air Station Fallon has been named a BLM district manager in northern Nevada.
BLM Nevada State Director John Ruhs said Monday that Ester McCullough is the new manager of BLM's Winnemucca District.
McCullough has served as the Vernal field office manager in Utah's Green River District since 2015.
She began her career as an environmental protection specialist with the U.S. Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms, California.
McCullough was acting natural resources officer for the Naval Air Station in Fallon east of Reno from 1994-2001. She later worked as planning and environmental coordinator in the BLM Winnemucca District, which includes the Black Rock National Conservation Area where the annual Burning Man counterculture festival is held.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit