Carson City ice rink opens today
November 27, 2013
The Arlington Square Ice Rink will open today.
The ice at North Carson and West Robinson streets in downtown Carson City had more than 10,000 skaters last year, according to a news release.
The rink will be open from 3-5 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. Monday through Thursday. It will be open Friday from 3-5 p.m. and 6-10 p.m. On Saturday, the rink will open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2-5 p.m. and 6-10 p.m. On Sunday, the rink will be open 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2-5 p.m. and 6-9 p.m.
Per session costs are $7 for ages 13 and older, and $5 for ages 3-12 with a $3 skate rental.
There is an after-school skate for elementary and middle school students Mondays through Thursdays from 3-5 p.m. Cost is $5 including skate rental and a hot beverage.
Tuesday from 6-9 p.m. is family skate night. The cost is $5 per skater, including rental. One parent must be present.
Recommended Stories For You
Operation of the ice rink is weather-dependent, and hours may change according to sun, wind, rain and snow conditions.
Call the Arlington Square Ice Rink hotline at 775-283-7429 to ensure that it is open and operating.
For complete details, go to http://www.carson.org/index.aspx?page=2669.
The rink is also available for rentals.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand