Enrollment is open for prepaid tuition
December 12, 2013
Enrollment for Nevada's prepaid tuition program is open through the end of February.
The program enables parents, grandparents and other family members to lock in future college tuition rates at today's prices. It is designed to encourage parents and others to plan for a child's college education while they are young.
Treasurer Kate Marshall said those who purchase a contract before the end of December will be entered into a random drawing to win a free year's tuition for their beneficiary.
Credit hours purchased through the Nevada program can be used at any of Nevada's higher education institutions. Marshall said they can also be used at any institution accredited by the U.S. Department of Education, including schools and colleges outside of Nevada.
Children from newborns through the ninth grade are eligible for the program.
More information is available at NVPrepaid.gov or by calling 888-477-2667.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand