Fallon businessman stabbed
November 16, 2016
Fallon Police Department has released information on a local businessman being stabbed Saturday night.
Shortly after 5:30 p.m., FPD said in a statement that Carl Lemos, 60, of Fallon entered the Overland Hotel's bar and assaulted owner David Barkley with a knife. Lemos had previously been removed from the Overland. The Fallon man, though, returned a short time later and assaulted Barkley, causing substantial injury. The FPD said paramedics treated Barkley and took him to Banner Churchill Community Hospital. He was then transported to Renown Medical Center in Reno where he was treated for cuts to the neck area.
FPD charged Lemos with battery causing substantial harm and battery with a deadly weapon.
He is being held in the Churchill County jail on $80,000 bail.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Squaw Valley worker emerges from avalanche wrecked, but alive
- Carson City’s Matt Williams making return to Bay Area
- Rally Pack: Nevada Wolf Pack storms back to upset Cincinnati
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notes: Cody Martin more than an afterthought
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told