Fallon students compete, place in math contest
February 13, 2018
A team of 12 students from Churchill County High School attended the Northern Nevada Math Council's Secondary Math Contest on Feb. 3 at Swope Middle School in Reno.
All high school students in Northern Nevada were invited, but CCHS was the only school east of Reno that competed.
Students competed in individual and team rounds, and were divided into groups by math class: Algebra 1/Geometry, Algebra 2, and Comprehensive.
In the individual round, three students placed in the top of the Algebra 2 section; Riley Urena and Natalie Carrero tied for 3rd place, and Jade Beland took 2nd place.
In the team round Algebra 1/Geometry team took first place: Johnny Miller, Zachary Stewart, Johnathan Hernandez and Ben Jamieson.
Algebra 2 team—Erin Spaletta, Riley Urena, Jade Beland, Natalie Carrero and Cassie Webb; and Comprehensive team (Alex Perazzo, Thomas Jamieson and John Solomon) both took second place.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand