Fire department to have fundraiser for Miller family
August 13, 2018
The Fallon Churchill Volunteer Fire Department is having a fundraiser for the Bert Miller family on Aug. 22 from 5-9 p.m. at Jerry's Restaurant.
The firefighters will be the wait staff that night. The firefighters will serve all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinners for adults and children. The meal includes spaghetti, salad and bread. The cost is $8.99 for adults and $2.99 for children.
Fire Marshall Mitch Young said 100 percent of the proceeds will go to the family. He also said Jerry's is donating all of the supplies.
"We'll also have the fire truck outside as a static display," Young said.
Miller, a 35-year veteran of the fire department, was fatally shot on July 22. The 61-year-old Miller was a lifelong resident of Fallon and left behind his wife LuDene, adult children Michael, Heidi and Brian and five grandchildren.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’