First responders swing into holiday spirit
WHAT DO SENIORS NEED?
Help us fill the car with donations for our community homebound senior citizens.
• Non-perishable food items – canned fruits, vegetables, tuna, beans, etc.
• Paper goods; toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, paper plates
• Warm blankets, socks, gloves, scarves
• Electric Heating pads
• Household needs; Laundry soap, hand soap, dish soap, dish towels, sponges, light bulbs, batteries, cleaning supplies
• Magnifying products; especially lighted
• Small laundry baskets
• Fun things; large print crossword puzzles, word search
• And of course any items to spoil or pamper them!
Nevada Highway Patrol Fallon/Fernley Districts are reaching out to help local senior centers in Fallon and Fernley.
The Nevada Highway Patrol will be participating in the “First Responders of Churchill County Holiday Food Competition” on Saturday at Walmart from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Come support your local first responders as each agency — Banner Churchill Ambulance, Nevada Highway Patrol, Churchill County Sheriff’s Office, Fallon/Churchill Volunteer Fire Department, Fallon Police Department — tries to receive the most donated food. All donations made to the Nevada Highway Patrol will go to the Churchill Senior Center in Fallon. All other agencies’ food donations will go to Out of Egypt Food Pantry.
The third annual “Cram the Cruiser” event in Fernley will be conducted on Wednesday from noon-7 p.m. at the Walmart in Fernley. The donations should be nonperishable food, household items, gloves, blankets, heating pads and any other items to help out the seniors. Representatives from the senior center will be there to answer any questions the public may have with the services they offer. Any donated money will be taken directly with those representatives.
The Fallon Police Department ladies are hosting a community winter clothing drive through Saturday. Needed are coats, hats, gloves, mittens and scarves of all sizes.
Drop items off at City Hall, Telegraph Coffee and Tap, Johnnie’s Deli, Christian Life Center, Scrubs Emporium, His Inspirations, Fox Peak Theater, Anytime Fitness or Treasure Hunt.