Free caregiver trainings offered in rural communities
November 11, 2014
The Nevada Geriatric Education Center, a division of the Office of Statewide Initiatives at the University of Nevada School of Medicine, is offering free caregiver training sessions in the following communities this fall:
Carson City: Thursday from 12:30 to 3:45 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Center, 911 Beverly Drive, Carson City.
Yerington: Nov. 18 from 8:30 to 11:45 a.m. at Yerington Senior Center, Older Americans of Lyon County, 117 Tilson Way, Yerington.
Fallon: Nov. 19 from 12:30 to 3:45 p.m. at the Churchill County Senior Center, 310 Court Street, Fallon.
Sign-ups start 15 minutes prior to training start time.
These trainings, the same at each location and sponsored by the Aging and Disability Services Division, follow the theme "Health Brain, Healthy Body" and aim to explain the difference between dementia and Alzheimer's disease, present strategies to maintain brain health, discuss principles and techniques to respond effectively to persons living with a form of dementia and explain the importance of physical activity for healthy living.
Recommended Stories For You
Caregivers of older adults are invited to attend. Respite may be available so you may attend this program.
For questions, call 775-682-8470.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand