November 27, 2014
Christian Life Center served Thanksgiving dinners to hundreds of residents on Sunday at the Fallon Convention Center.
The community dinner fed residents and Naval Air Station Fallon personnel and their families from noon to 2 p.m., and church members afterward.
In addition to 83 turkeys, cooks prepared hundreds of pounds of mashed potatoes, stuffing and vegetables. The meal was purchased, cooked and served by the congregation.
Other events are also planned this week:
American Legion: American Legion Post 16 will deliver Meals on Wheels dinners since the Senior Center will be closed. Volunteers wanting to deliver meals or serve should arrive at the hall, 90 N.Ada St., between 8:30-9 a.m.
The annual Thanksgiving dinner for the community is slated from 11 a.m-1 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Veterans of Foreign Wars: The annual Thanksgiving dinner, which is open to the community, is from 2-4 p.m. at the VFW Hall on 405 S. Taylor St.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’