Grapplers set sights on Lowry tourney
December 11, 2014
After a solid opening act, the Fallon wrestling team beings its second stanza today at the Cody Louk Tournament in Winnemucca.
The Greenwave is coming off a second-place finish at the Earl Wilkens Tournament last week, but aims for a better result this weekend in the two-day event.
Not only is the Winnemucca-based tournament present a strong field, it also marks the beginning of Fallon's road trips. The Wave will not compete at home for the rest of the season, but it's nothing new as Fallon has only hosted one home meet for the past several years.
Trae Workman may return to the lineup after missing the season-opening tournament with a knee injury, although coach Louie Mori is monitoring Workman's progress.
Should Workman not be able to compete, Louie Mori Jr. would most likely fill his shoes at 152 pounds. Mori, who went 4-0 with the JV squad last week, will take over for Schultz, who will grapple at 145.
Schultz was solid at the Earl Wilkens tournament winning all five matches by pin, even though he was competing in a higher weight class.
Recommended Stories For You
Joining Schultz and Mori, though, are Terry White (106), Bryson Abe (170), David Hughes (182), Juan Ledesma and Chase Hyde, who each rotated between 195 and 220. At heavyweight, Wyatt Hampton carries a 3-2 record into today's action.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit