Jade Corkill leads heelers at National Finals Rodeo
December 11, 2013
A Fallon native cowboy is riding in first place on the homestretch of the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas.
Jade Corkill (heeler) and his partner, Clay Tryan, are both in first place after five performances, which began Thursday at UNLV's Thomas and Mack Center. The rodeo continued on Tuesday with the sixth performance and concludes on Saturday, Patriot Night. All performances start at 6:45 p.m.
Corkill leads all heelers in team roping with $149,661 through five performances while his teammate leads all headers with $151,292. Corkill and Tryan have recorded times in all but one performance, reaching as high as second in Monday's performance. The duo opened the finals tied for third with a 4.6-second time.
Corkill and Tryan, though, came in sixth at 5.1 in the second performance and then a no-time on Saturday. The team-roping tandem came back on Sunday with a 5.2 for a third-place finish before taking second Monday night with a 6.1.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit