Job fair begins today
November 6, 2014
A job seekers will be welcomed at a job fair today from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at 257 Maine Street next to The Wok.
The Fallon Chamber of Commerce and Churchill County Economic Development Authority are hosting the event with businesses looking for qualified job seekers.
Natalie Parrish, executive director of the Fallon Chamber of Commerce said businesses expected to attend include the following: Fallon Auto Mall, The Dentist's Office, Nevada Job Connect, Churchill County School District, Highland Village, U.S. Fish & Wildlife, Roberta Stafford, Fallon Youth Club, Louie's Home Center, A&K Earthmovers, No Child Left Behind, Kent's Supply, United States Navy, Churchill Community Coalition, Best Western, Choice Wireless, The Homestead, Janess Printing & Marketing, Too Cute Totes, DFA Milk Plant and many more.
According to Parrish, job seekers will have the opportunity to look at current job openings, deliver resumes, meet with local businesses, conduct possible onsite interviews and have face-to-face contact with many hiring businesses.
Rachel Dahl, executive director of CEDA, said attendees should come dressed to impress and have their resumes handy.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’