Library celebrates anniversary
The county’s rich library history stretches back 112 years to 1905 when Fallon’s first lending library operated out of the old post office. It moved to various locations including both the Wightman Building and the Woodliff Building before a permanent site was selected and a new library was dedicated at the current location in April 1967.
A 50th anniversary celebration will be held Saturday from noon-2 p.m. at 553 S. Maine St. The celebration included magician Justin Impossible, activities and refreshments.