Nevadans set state sing-along record
November 25, 2014
On Friday, the Nevada 150 Commission received official verification the state set the record for the "Most People Singing A State Song at Once" with 45,553 Nevadans participating.
As one of the celebrations' culminating events, #NevadaSings provided Nevadans an opportunity to join together throughout the state to demonstrate our state pride by singing a rendition of "Home Means Nevada." Nevadans entered their video or photo proof singing with co-workers, friends, family, schools and businesses at more than 500 locations.
In Fallon, students sung the state song, while at City Hall, hundreds participated in singing "Home Means Nevada" with the high school choir leading the crowd.
A video montage can be seen at the following link: https://recordsetter.com/world-record/people-singing-state-song-once/39030?flush=true
RecordSetter, a Las Vegas-based company, established and verified the record.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit