Newlands Project mapping session set for Sept. 5
August 27, 2018
The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources' Division of Water Resources (NDWR) will hold the fourth public meeting for the Newlands Project Water Rights Mapping on Sept. 5 from noon to 5 p.m. at the Churchill County Commission Chambers, 155 N. Taylor St.
The public meeting will cover what has been completed in the mapping project to date and what is upcoming. Mapping technicians will be present to answer any questions concerning the water rights that have been mapped.
At the commissioners' last meeting, the following actions were taken:
• Approved a request for support of $10,000 for the Western Nevada College Rural Nursing Program, Fallon campus.
• Listened to a presentation by Eureka County regarding its natural resources program.
• Approved of an agreement with Shaw Engineering to provide professional engineering services for a water master plan for a total maximum not to exceed fee of $35,000 to $50,000 and a water master plan for a total maximum not to exceed fee of $30,000 to $45,000.
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved member assessment of $7,500 for the Central Nevada Regional Water Authority for fiscal year 2019.
• Approved an agreement for purchase of a conservation/restrictive use easement with Flying W Land & Livestock, LLC on assessor's parcel number 007-932-32, totaling 42.63 acres with 28.90 water-righted acres.
• Approved to submit a letter to the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) urging reconsideration of eliminating the I-11 route alternative B1.
• Approved a letter to the Nevada Department of Public Safety (DPS) to add the necessary positions to the Nevada Division of Investigation (NDI) to restore the local drug task force. A modified letter will be sent to the state's congressional representatives.
• Approved an Emergency Solutions grant award for $21,789 for fiscal year 2019.
• Approved State of Nevada, Division of Housing, Welfare Set-Aside funding approval of $11,000 to Social Services in support of stabilization programming for fiscal year 2019.
• Approved an agreement with the State of Nevada, Division of Housing, for Tenant Based Rental Assistance funding of $7,000 as Housing and Urban Development Supportive Housing Program Match for fiscal year 2019.
• Approved an Adult Detention Facility Health Authority Agreement with Dr. John R.C. Scott to provide services at a rate of $3,000 per month.
• Approved the Carson River Maintenance Agreement between Churchill County and the Nevada Division of State Lands, the State Land Registrar and the Truckee Carson Irrigation District.
• Approved the Planning Department's revenue report for June.
• Approved Department of Taxation quarterly report regarding Churchill County's economic condition for the quarter ending June 30.