School board provides art reception
December 21, 2017
The Board of Trustees provided a reception for students and parents prior to the Dec. 13 board meeting to recognize art students and their work.
The school district embraced Churchill County High School art teacher Jaime Shafer's idea to install a permanent display system to feature student art work on a rotating basis.
This is the first installment of student work featuring Art 1 students who created Kaleidoscope Color Wheels as they studied color theory.
Students learned techniques for making a symmetrical, radial design in order to create the pattern for their color wheel. Each student created their own original design and learned how to mix colors focusing on primary, secondary, and tertiary colors.
This student art exhibit will be displayed inside the Churchill County Library in late December through February. Telegraph Coffee also will be hosting a student art exhibit for the month of January.
The reception open to the community is scheduled Jan. 16 from 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’