School Board Trustee earns professional certification
December 21, 2017
Another school board trustee received certification for completing the Professional Development and Certificate programs through the University of Nevada, Reno's Extended Studies.
Trustee Carmen Schank was presented a $1,000 check and certification at the board meeting Dec. 13 for accomplishing 80 hours of CPO requirements.
Trustee Richard Gent also received his certifications last month at the Nevada Association of School Board Conference.
The program is for elected and appointed officials throughout the state who want to expand educational and professional resources, and offers a comprehensive set of courses such as ethics in Nevada, roles and responsibilities in public office, and interviews with media relations.
To earn a CPO certification, participants must complete the orientations provided.
UNR's Extended Studies program is in partnership with the Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities, Nevada Association of Counties and Nevada Association of School Boards.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’