Silver Springs woman hurt in Soda Lake Road rollover
December 29, 2014
A Silver Springs woman was injured Monday morning in a single-car rollover on the dirt portion of Soda Lake Road.
Emergency Medical Technicians Will Cowan and Shawn Henry from Alterra's Soda Lake Power Plant responded to the accident before personnel from the Churchill County Sheriff's Office, Banner Churchill Community Hospital, Fallon/Churchill Fire Department and the Nevada Highway Patrol arrived.
"He (Henry) entered the vehicle from the rear since it was on its side," said Monte Morrison, country manager and vice president of operations. "He held the woman's head and neck stable to prevent further injury, assessed her condition and relayed information to Cowan and me prior to the paramedics and firemen arriving."
Morrison said Henry then assisted in the extrication when the firemen cut out the windshield, and the paramedics assisted in getting her out and onto the gurney on a backboard.
Henry stayed in the car with the woman through the entire ordeal by keeping her warm and calm. Paramedics then took the woman to Banner Churchill.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit