Spring Wings Festival’s media relations efforts wins top PRSA award
December 12, 2013
The recent annual Silver Spikes award ceremony of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), Sierra Nevada Chapter, awarded the Bronze Spike award to The Abbi Agency in the "Media Relations — Earned" category.
The award was bestowed for media relations efforts on behalf of the annual Spring Wings Festival in Fallon.
Tactics involved in making the campaign successful included planning and hosting a media tour of six journalists throughout the three-day festival. Attending journalists represented publications such as Bird Watchers Digest, VIA, National Geographic, among others. Efforts for this trip were supported by the City of Fallon and the Fallon Convention and Tourism Authority. Stories preceding and succeeding the trip resulted in hundreds of shares on social media and tens of thousands of views.
The Spring Wings Festival highlights the array of birds that seek refuge in the Stillwater National Wildlife Refuge while on their pacific migratory path. Each year over a quarter of a million birds can be seen in peak migration time between April and June at the refuge, declared a "Globally Important Bird Area" by the American Bird Conservancy.
The 2014 Spring Wings festival will be held May 16-18, 2014.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’