Vehicles collide at busy county intersection
November 28, 2014
A Tuesday afternoon auto accident at Sheckler and Allen roads resulted in property damage to both vehicles but no injuries.
The Nevada Highway Patrol Fallon District office said a Nissan SUV driven by Monica B. Brown of Fallon was westbound on Sheckler Road, and for some unknown reason, the driver continued through the intersection.
Haley M. Sanchez of Fallon, driver in the second car, a Buick Regal, was stopped, looked both ways and assumed the Nissan would stop. After Sanchez pulled out, the NHP said she saw the Nissan, tried to swerve but clipped the left front side of the SUV.
The NHP said no one was injured although paramedics from Banner Churchill Community Hospital checked out the drivers.
The Churchill County Sheriff's Office and the Nevada Department of Transportation provided traffic control.
The NHP said Brown was cited for not stopping at a stop sign.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit