Windy, wet this morning
Showers, mainly before 11 am. High near 57. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
Sunny, with a high near 58. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming north in the morning.
Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
Lake wind advisory
The Lake Wind Advisory is now in effect until 7 PM PDT this
* Winds: South to southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Wave Heights: 1 to 3 feet. Highest waves from mid lake to
eastern and northern shores.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.
Sierra weather advisory
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM PDT THIS
* Timing: Snow and rain will begin this afternoon and continue
through Thursday morning, with a period of moderate to heavy
* Additional Snow Accumulations: Above 7000 feet…2 to 6 inches.
Below 7000 feet…up to 3 inches.
* Snow Levels: 5500 to 6000 feet.
* Winds: Southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. Sierra
ridge gusts up to 120 mph, with strongest winds likely
* Wave Heights on Lake Tahoe: 2 to 4 feet. Small boats, kayaks
and paddle boards will be prone to capsizing and should
remain off lake waters until conditions improve.
* Impacts: Snow will likely produce slick and hazardous
conditions with poor visibility tonight into Thursday
morning especially above 6500 feet. This includes most
highways around the Tahoe basin including Interstate 80,
Highway 50, and the Mount Rose Highway.
Even light to moderate snowfall amounts cause major travel
delays, especially during periods of high traffic volume. Be sure
to allow extra time to reach your destination. Leave extra space
between vehicles since it takes longer to stop on slick roadways.