All meetings are open to the public.
• Senate Finance hears 11 bills: SB180 provides the registered owner of a vehicle with the opportunity to make a voluntary contribution to the State Highway Fund at registration renewal. SB248 revises provisions concerning the salaries of justices of the Supreme Court and district judges in Nevada. SB249 revises provisions relating to the financial support of regional facilities for the detention of children. SB316 requires compensation for Legislators who serve on the Commission on Special License Plates. SB333 makes an appropriation to the Office of Court Administrator for construction of a new courthouse for White Pine County. SB365 requires the continuation of the VHF Highband Radio Project. SB454 revises the dates upon which certain uncommitted funds from prior appropriations must be reverted. SB456 extends the reversion date of a previous appropriation to the Department of Administration for the digital microwave project. SB460 makes an appropriation to the Office of Court Administrator for construction of a new courthouse for White Pine County. SB470 Extends the reversion date of an appropriation made during the 73rd Session of the Nevada Legislature to the Interim Finance Committee for allocation to the Department of Business and Industry. AB555 transfers certain money appropriated to the Interim Finance Committee to the Rehabilitation Division of the Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation. Room 2134.
• Assembly Government Affairs hears three bills: AB324 expands eligibility for a subsidy for the costs of health insurance coverage to additional retirees of school districts. AB348 revises the boundaries and composition of the Elko Convention and Visitors Authority. AB598 authorizes the creation of tax increment areas in certain cities for theme park projects. And holds work session on measures previously considered. Room 3143.
• Assembly Ways and Means hears seven bills: AB102 prohibits use of eminent domain to acquire property for economic development. AB323 revises the amount paid to witnesses for mileage in traveling to and from a proceeding. AB434 revises provisions governing education. AB466 makes an appropriation to the State Conservation Commission of the State Department of Conservation and Natural Resources for distribution to conservation districts. AB484 requires the Legislative Committee on Education to study certain issues during the 2007-09 interim. AB556 makes supplemental appropriations to the Supreme Court of Nevada for judicial selection and unforeseen expenditures. AB580 revises provisions relating to the disposition of fees and administrative fines for certain licenses and titles relating to motor vehicles. Room 3137.
• Senate Commerce and Labor holds work session on measures previously considered. Room 2135.
• Assembly Judiciary hears a major amendment to SB553 which makes various changes to provisions relating to construction. And holds work session on nine bills: SB212 revises provisions governing the issuance of nonrestricted gaming licenses. SB216 allows certain convicted persons to make a monetary donation to a charitable organization in lieu of community service. SB299 establishes provisions relating to crimes against unborn children. SB302 revises provisions governing credit cards. SB354 makes various changes to provisions relating to the safety of children. SB378 limits the liability of certain nonprofit organizations and their agents, employees and volunteers under certain circumstances. SB380 makes various changes concerning defendants in criminal actions. SB483 makes various changes to provisions relating to business. SJR2 proposes to amend the Nevada Constitution to revise provisions relating to the selection of justices and judges. Room 3138.
• Senate floor session. There is no Assembly floor session today.
• Assembly Commerce and Labor hears eight bills: AB491 makes various changes concerning the clinical education of a student in a school of nursing. (BDR 54-1339) AB446 revises provisions governing the tracking of prescriptions for controlled substances. AB365 revises provisions relating to renewal of licenses, permits, certificates and registrations issued by the Real Estate Division of the Department of Business and Industry. AB366 revises the provision requiring a qualified intermediary to notify the Real Estate Division of the Department of Business and Industry of changes to the name, location or ownership of the intermediary. AB383 requires the Labor Commissioner to include a link on his Web site to the Social Security Administration. AB393 makes various changes relating to the repair of motor vehicles. AB468 requires providers of health care to provide disclosure of certain financial interests when referring a patient to or recommending physical therapy. AB532 prohibits certain fees to be charged to certain transactions involving a credit card or debit card. And holds work session on seven bills. Room 4100.
• Assembly Natural Resources, Agriculture and Mining hears six bills: AB67 revises provisions governing the control of air pollution. AB573 revises certain provisions governing wildlife. AB469 provides for the creation of a state park for the protection of certain paleontologically sensitive sites. AJR9 urges Congress to allow certain proceeds from the Southern Nevada Public Land Management Act to be used for Nevada’s state parks. AB111 revises provisions governing the use of tags to hunt bighorn sheep or antlered bull elk. AB259 revises provisions governing wildlife. And holds work session on measures previously considered. Room 3161.
• Senate Government Affairs hears SB429 which enacts provisions relating to labor organizations that represent public employees. Room 2144.
• Senate Human Resources and Education hears seven bills: SB305 revises provisions governing education. SB531 requires the Division of Mental Health and Developmental Services of the Department of Health and Human Services to provide copies of serious incident reports involving clients to certain agencies. SB532 makes various changes relating to public welfare. SB541 makes various changes concerning the policies and procedures of the Task Force for the Fund for a Healthy Nevada. SB552 requires the disclosure of certain information relating to health care and revises provisions governing health maintenance organizations. SJR14 urges Congress to lower the age of eligibility for Medicare coverage. SJR17 urges Congress to enact the Resident Physician Shortage Reduction Act of 2007. And holds work session on measures previously considered. Room 2135.
• Senate Natural Resources hears three bills: SB295 provides for the regulation of the price of gasoline and diesel fuel. SB422 requires the State Environmental Commission to establish a program for the reduction of greenhouse gases emitted by affected units. SB486 makes various changes concerning the ownership of brands for livestock. And holds work session on 14 bills. Room 2144.
• Assembly Education holds work session on measures previously considered. Room 3143.
Source: Nevada Legislature Online (www.leg.state.nv.us). All rooms are in the Legislative Building, 401 S. Carson St., Carson City, unless otherwise specified.