All meetings are open to the public.
• Assembly Ways and Means hears eight bills: AB144 establishes a formula for determining the maximum rate for interruptible service that a public utility may charge for electricity for irrigation pumps. AB510 makes various changes concerning credits earned by offenders and the incarceration and supervision of offenders. AB613 makes an appropriation to the Family Development Foundation for domestic violence prevention programs. AB614 makes an appropriation to Build Nevada for career and technical programs. SB453 revises the provisions relating to problem gambling. SB454 revises the dates upon which certain uncommitted funds from prior appropriations must be reverted. SB463 makes an appropriation to the Department of Taxation for continued development and implementation of the Unified Tax System. SB557 extends the reversion date of an appropriation made in the 22nd Special Session to the Advisory Council on the State Program for Fitness and Wellness. And closes budgets. Room 3137.
• Senate Finance holds hearings on bills in committee and closes budgets. Room 2134.
• Senate Judiciary holds committee discussion of the Report by Council of State Governments Justice Center Titled: Increasing Public Safety and Generating Savings: Options for Nevada Policymakers. Room 2149.
• Senate and Assembly floor sessions.
• Governor’s Steering Committee for the National Academy of Health. Room 3138.
• Legislative Operations and Elections hears eight bills: SB392 directs the Legislative Commission to appoint a legislative committee to conduct an interim study on tolling projects. SCR30 directs the Legislative Commission to conduct an interim study relating to certain uses of fuel and other sources of energy in this State. SCR41 directs the Legislative Commission to conduct an interim study of performance standards for state agencies. SCR42 provides for an interim study regarding taxation. SCR43 directs the Legislative Commission to conduct an interim study of mass transit for the City of Las Vegas. SCR45 directs the Legislative Commission to conduct an interim study concerning growth control measures. AB 328 makes various changes relating to elections. AB484 Requires the Legislative Committee on Education to study certain issues during the 2007-09 interim. Room 2144.
• Assembly Commerce and Labor hears AB621 which makes various changes in the provision of tax abatements and exemptions based upon the use of energy and repeals certain prospective energy requirements for public buildings. Room 4100.
• Assembly Elections, Procedures, Ethics and Constitutional Amendments hears three bills: ACR16 directs the Legislative Commission to conduct an interim study concerning the proper determination of property capitalization rates for certain taxpayers. ACR24 creates an interim study concerning environmental pollutants and global warming. ACR30 directs the Legislative Commission to conduct an interim study concerning issues relating to senior citizens and veterans. Room 3142.
Upon conclusion of afternoon committees
• Senate Finance hears five bills: SB446 makes an appropriation to the Chinese Workers’ Museum in Carson City for costs associated with the planning and design, and the construction and operation, of the proposed Chinese Workers Museum of America. SB566 makes an appropriation to the Area Health Education Center of Southern Nevada. AB202 makes an appropriation to the State Gaming Control Board for implementation of security measures and replacement of equipment. AB539 makes appropriations to the State Department of Agriculture. AB551 makes appropriations to the Department of Cultural Affairs. Room 2134.