2 appointed to Carson City Juvenile Services Probation Committee
December 7, 2017
Carson City Juvenile Probation Services has appointed two new members to their Juveniles Services Probation Committee.
Carson City Sheriff's Sgt. Daniel Gonzales and former Chief of Juvenile Services Ben Bianchi were sworn in Wednesday by Judge James Wilson. They will be joining four others on the committee.
"We are so excited to have them join our team as they both have extensive experience and leadership in our community," said Chief of Juvenile Services Ali Banister.
The committee members are responsible for giving advice on matters concerning the control and management of JPO in conjunction with the Juvenile Court and chief of JPO and assist in establishing policies, procedures and standards of proper performance of probation officers.
The committee is established by statute and requires community member oversight for Juvenile Services. Bianchi will serve a one-year term and Gonzales will serve a two-year term.
"Both members will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the committee," said Banister.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- Area county officials predict strong growth in 2019
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Grandson back in Nevada to face murder charge