$302,500 bail set in Douglas sexual assault | NevadaAppeal.com

$302,500 bail set in Douglas sexual assault

Staff Reports

Bail is set at $302,500 cash for a 20-year-old Ruhenstroth man accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl late Sunday behind Douglas High School.

Matthew Derek Lebo appeared Wednesday before East Fork Justice Jim EnEarl who appointed lawyer Tod Young to represent him.

Lebo is charged with sexual assault of a minor under 14 and lewdness with a child under 14.

According to a sheriff’s office report, Lebo allegedly admitted that he knew the girl was 13 and that he forced her to have sex.

The girl had been reported as a runaway, but she returned home about 1:30 a.m. While a deputy was counseling her about the dangers of being away from home at that hour, she reportedly broke down in tears and told the officer she had been assaulted, according to reports.

Lebo was picked up early Monday morning after a deputy saw him walking behind the Ironwood Cinema carrying a skateboard.

EnEarl set a hearing for May 7. He told Lebo if he manages to bail out, he is subject to numerous conditions including no contact with the alleged victim.

• Bail was reduced Wednesday to $50,000 cash for a 21-year-old house painter accused of sexually and physically abusing an 11-year-old girl.

East Fork Justice Jim EnEarl refused to release David Springer on his own recognizance and set a hearing for May 14.

Springer is charged with sexual assault of a child under 14 and child abuse or neglect.

The 11-year-old girl told investigators Springer allegedly kicked her in the back and punched her in the stomach in November, and sexually abused her a dozen times over several months.

At the time of the alleged incidents, Springer lived in Gardnerville.




Local


See more