4.2 quake shakes Carson area
September 16, 2005
A 4.2 magnitude earthquake was detected in the mountains between Dayton and Carson Valley at 8:09 this morning.
The quake, originally measured at 3.8, was centered in a area 9 miles east of Johnson Lane. Three minutes earlier, a 2.6 magnitude quake occured just north of of the bigger quake, about 9 miles south of Dayton.
A third tremor, 1.5 magnitude, followed the larger quake by seven minutes.
For more information, go to:
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand