9 arrested in Lyon County drug raid
November 21, 2009
Nine people were arrested Thursday morning in Fernley during police drug raids on three homes there.
Lyon County Sheriff’s Sgt. Brad Pope said the arrests came as the result of a two-monthlong investigation by the Lyon County Sheriff’s Narcotics Division into methamphetamine trafficking in the Fernley area.
Several of the people arrested are known gang members in Carson City and Southern California, said Pope.
At about 4 a.m., the Carson City Sheriff’s Special Enforcement Team along with members of the Carson City Sheriff’s Gang Unit and the Tri-County Gang Enforcement Unit joined Lyon County SWAT, narcotics officers and patrol deputies to simultaneously serve search warrants at 1508 Trubode Lane, 1418 Red Bluffs Way, and 882 Jill Marie Lane, all in Fernley.
A subsequent search of the locations resulted in nine arrests for trafficking methamphetamine. Officers recovered 63.8 grams of methamphetamine with an estimated street value of more than $10,000, said Pope.
Detectives also recovered a small amount of marijuana, narcotic sales paraphernalia, a stun gun, and $894 in cash, he said.
Recommended Stories For You
The following people were booked into the Lyon County Jail on various drug charges:
• Rudy Perez Jr., 32, of 1508 Trubode Lane. His bail was set at $125,264.
• Cesar Munoz, 32 , of 1508 Trubode Lane. His bail was set at $105,000.
• Bertha Rodriguez, 33, of 1508 Trubode Lane. Her bail was set at $125,264.
• Andrew Kuha, 30, of 1418 Red Bluffs Way. Bail was set at $50,264.
• John Ellis, 48, of 530 W. Main St. No.16. Bail was set at $6,132
• Raymond Gamboa, 47, of 708 D St. Bail was set at $6,132.
• Laura Lane-Wells, 40, of 882 Jill Marie Lane. Bail was set at $26,132.
• Allisha McBroom, 27, of 730 Starlite Lane. Bail was set at $6,132.
• Carl Dobyns, 25, of 1261 Newlands Drive. Bail was set at $6,132.