A4 SAT calendar
– Santa Train Steam Train rides and Nevada State Railroad Museum open house at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 687-6953.
– “Christmas in the Capital,” a Victorian Christmas includes Christmas tree decorating contest at the Legislative Plaza, storefront decoration contest, Commemorative 2003 Victorian Christmas poster; sponsored by the Downtown Redevelopment Authority. Call 883-1494 or visit http://www.Christmasincapital@nvbell.net.
– Gingerbread social and auction 7 p.m. Saturday at Fourth Ward School in Virginia City. Call 847-0957.
– “A Christmas Carol” presented by Carson Performing Arts and the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. 2 p.m. today and Sunday. Tickets, information, call 883-1976.
– Bella Voce performs 2:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center. Call 883-1976 for tickets, information.
– Stevie and the Stingrays performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– Chazz performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
– The Robeys perform at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
– Friends of the Carson City Library book sale, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day in the library auditorium, 900 N. Roop St. Call 887-2244.
– Roberts House Tea, 11 a.m. at 1207 N. Carson St. Cost $18 per person; prepaid reservations required. Call 887-8865.
– Carson City Democratic Headquarters Grand Opening, 2-6 p.m. at 214 W. Robinson. Call 841-3367.
– IndieWriters and Ash Canyon Poets group host an evening of poetry and theater from 7-8:30 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Donation accepted; call 782-0886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Deja Blues performs at 9 p.m. at Joe Bob’s Hot Springs Road House, 1510 Hot Springs Road. No cover, must be 21. Call 883-7799.
– Food drive at the Dayton Chevron Station/Port of Subs, corner of Highway 50 East and Dayton Valley Road, Dayton, noon-4 p.m. with Santa. Photos free with canned food donation. Call 216-9990.
– Daughters of the American Revolution, John C. Fremont Chapter, meet at 11:30 a.m. at the home of Ruth Quintana, Gardnerville. Bring a canned food item or toy. Call Janice Frost at 783-9626.
– Young at Heart annual Christmas party, 1-5 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Limited seating; reservations required. Gift exchange to be held. Call 783-6455.
– Carson Valley Pops Orchestra 7 p.m. free Christmas program at CVIC Hall, Minden. Refreshments available. Call 265-2841.
– Virginia City Christmas Bazaar, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days at the Storey County Senior Center.