Advisory spots open for Parks & Rec, Redevelopment |

Advisory spots open for Parks & Rec, Redevelopment

Nevada Appeal Staff Report

Openings on the Redevelopment Authority Citizens Committee and the Parks and Recreation Commission prompted Carson City government to seek volunteers for the two slots. The opening on the redevelopment authority panel requires applicants be qualified business owner/operators or property owners from Redevelopment Area 1, as well as registered voters in the city.The spot on the Parks and Recreation Commission, however, allows any applicant who is a registered city voter with an interest in serving in an advisory capacity regarding city parks and recreation.The redevelopment authority advisory committee’s primary purpose is to make recommendations to the Redevelopment Authority, which is made up of the Board of Supervisors, on redevelopment area plans, incentive programs, special events funding and related matters. Applications for the redevelopment advisory post will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications may be obtained from and returned to the Carson City Executive Offices, 201 N. Carson St., Office # 2, downtown. Interviews for the authority advisory slot will be scheduled for the first available Board of Supervisors meeting upon receipt of qualified applicants. The board meets monthly on the first and third Thursdays.Applications for the Parks and Recreation Commission opening will be accepted until Feb. 11, with interviews tentatively planned at the regularly scheduled supervisors session on Thursday, March 7.Applications are available at both the city’s executive offices and the website, which is at are informed both positions are voluntary and there is no compensation, their applications are considered public information and each opportunity has an expectation of about ten hours service monthly.