Advocates to End Domestic Violence programs and services
September 30, 2005
• 24-hour crisis call line: 883-7654 (help and advice at any time)
Operates a 51-bed shelter to provide temporary refuge for women in crisis.
• Support groups: Designed to offer mutual support to victims of domestic violence.
• Teen dating violence program: Advocates has a collaborative relationship with the Carson City School District and strives to educate Carson City’s youth about the unacceptability of violence. Advocates annually visits classrooms and helps students learn the dynamics of healthy relationships and the red flags of an abusive relationship.
• Parenting: A parenting advocate works with clients and the community with training for more effective parenting. Emphasis is placed on effective, nonviolent discipline methods, as well as a variety of other issues.
Recommended Stories For You
• Rape crisis intervention: Available 24 hours; 883-7654
• Women to Work clothing program: through Advocates’ Classy Seconds Thrift Shop
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand