American Legion to host scholarship fundraiser
June 8, 2012
The local American Legion Auxiliary will host a Girls State Delegate Scholarships fundraiser on June 22 to send 10 local girls to a one-week retreat at Lake Tahoe to learn about Americanism and draft a bill that they will present to the Legislature.
The fundraiser is a tea party with an auction and finger foods. It is from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Governor’s Mansion Nevada Room, 606 Mountain St., in Carson City. The silent auction is from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 and must be purchased before the event. For tickets, call Louise Seidel at 775-885-0269 or Christine Ritger at 775-782-9791.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments