Annual Scandinavian Festival set for Oct. 13
October 4, 2012
The queen Maud Lodge #42 of Daughters of Norway will hold the 6th annual Scandinavian Festival from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 13 at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 1201 Saliman Road.
The festival will showcase the rich traditions of Norway and other Scandinavian countries. There will be baked goods, food, arts and crafts, specialty treats, demonstrations, raffles and music with examples of traditional “Bunad” clothing. The “Rosmaling” art form will be featured in exhibits from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. Lunch will include the popular “meatball sundae” and the classic Norwegian open-faced sandwich. Scandinavian items will be on hand, and the Viking Village storyteller will share tales with children.
For more information, call 775-762-3734.
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion