Applications sought for Senate Youth Scholarships
August 13, 2018
The Nevada Department of Education is now accepting applications for the 2019 U.S. Senate Youth Scholarship program.
The department will select two delegates to represent Nevada at the annual, week-long all-expense-paid event in Washington, D.C. Delegates will meet with senators, the president and a Supreme Court justice among others. Each will also receive a $10,000 undergraduate scholarship from Nevada's senators.
The program is sponsored by the William Randolph Hearst Foundation and is open to high school juniors and seniors currently serving in appointed or elected positions in school government or another civic organization. Those interested should contact their school guidance counselor or principal.
Applications must be sent by the high school no later than Oct. 12.
Contact NDE coordinator Gabriel Hill at 687-9224 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Trending In: Local
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan