Baby dies in crash near Fernley
April 1, 2003
FERNLEY — A 1-year-old Silver Springs girl was killed in a rear-end accident near Fernley, authorities said.
The Nevada Highway Patrol said the baby was properly restrained in the back seat of a 1988 Honda driven by her mother, Amanda Pinell, 27.
Troopers said Pinell had stopped to make a left turn and was rear-ended by a Dodge pickup truck driven by Lauri Sikora, 25, of Fallon.
The accident occurred around 4 p.m. Sunday on U.S. 95 Alternate three miles south of Fernley.
An investigation continued Monday.
Trending In: Local
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office