Bathroom fire puts damper on breakfast
October 21, 2004
A small fire in the bathroom of a Carson City restaurant briefly interrupted business Thursday and also served as an important reminder to the community, said Carson City fire prevention investigator Duane Lemons.
“Everyone needs to watch for combustibles near electric-type radiant heaters for the rest of the winter,” he said.
A skirt surrounding the sink in the women’s bathroom at Heidi’s Family Restaurant caught fire from a heater placed behind it, Lemons said.
Some 25 people were evacuated from the building at Williams and Carson streets about 10:30 a.m.
Lemons said the business was operating within a few hours and the damage was minimal.
“There was just some smoke and heat damage to the ladies room. That’s it,” he said.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe