Beware of energy scam calls
April 18, 2018
Residents in the area should beware of calls in which the caller poses as a NVEnergy representative threatening to turn off one's power.
In the phone call the person says the customer's power will be turned off within a half hour if they don't make a payment. The caller then gives the customer a number to call.
If anyone receives a phone call like this they shouldn't provide any personal information. NVEnergy's policy when it comes to payments isn't to call customers but send out a notice if payment is 30 days past due.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand