Beware of energy scam calls
April 18, 2018
Residents in the area should beware of calls in which the caller poses as a NVEnergy representative threatening to turn off one's power.
In the phone call the person says the customer's power will be turned off within a half hour if they don't make a payment. The caller then gives the customer a number to call.
If anyone receives a phone call like this they shouldn't provide any personal information. NVEnergy's policy when it comes to payments isn't to call customers but send out a notice if payment is 30 days past due.
Trending In: Local
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan