Bids for new Deer Run bridge to be opened
September 27, 2004
The Nevada Department of Transportation will open bids next week for a project to replace the Deer Run Road bridge over the Carson River.
The bridge is at the north end of Deer Run Road, which runs along the eastern side of Carson City near the river.
NDOT spokesman Scott Magruder said the estimated cost of the wider and stronger bridge is $3.1 million.
After proposals are reviewed Oct. 7, he said, NDOT plans to award the bid quickly so construction on the new bridge can begin before the end of the year.
The work will take about a year to complete, but Magruder said motorists won’t be inconvenienced during most of the construction because the old bridge will remain open while a new structure is built just downstream.
When the bridge is completed, Deer Run Road will be moved and connected to it before the old bridge is closed and torn down.
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Native flowers: What every Nevada lover should know
- Bobcat sighting in Carson City; Nevada Department of Wildlife says it is not unusual
- Plasma, blood donors needed to help Carson City student with encephalitis
- Teri’s Notebook: Dayton man to donate kidney to stranger