BLM approves Reno school project
December 12, 2017
The Bureau of Land Management, Carson City District has approved the Washoe County School District Sun Valley School Campus project. The WCSD plans to construct a middle school and other future school facilities within an 80 acre parcel. The project area is located in Sun Valley, north of Reno, in Washoe County. Construction is expected to start soon.
"The decision to approve the project supports administration priorities of facilitating opportunities for development on public lands that create jobs and help local economies grow and being a good neighbor to the communities we serve," said Bryant Smith, Sierra Front Field Manager.
For this lease, the BLM has prepared an Environmental Assessment, Finding of No Significant Impact, and a Decision Record to comply with the National Environmental Policy Act. A copy of the EA is available at the Carson City District BLM Office and on the Project webpage at: https://goo.gl/iZW1x7.
Additional information regarding the WCSD plans for the Sun Valley School Campus can be found at the WCSC website at: http://wcsdbuilding.com/middle-school-sun-valley/
Trending In: Local
- Carson City forecast: Good rain, bad timing
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests
- Congress changes veteran status for Guard, Reserves
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Fraud suspect leaves children and escapes, sheriff’s office says; reward offered