Board of supervisors: Regional water plan on tap for Thursday
Carson Water Subconservancy District General Manager Ed James will present the comprehensive regional water management plan to the Carson City Board of Supervisors when they meet Thursday,
James will discuss changes in stream flow patterns on the Carson River, the water conservation pilot projects and additional work planned for next year.
Always at the forefront, is balancing domestic demands with environmental and agricultural needs. James will discuss a residential irrigation survey and offer potential water conservation suggestions.
Also Thursday, the board will either discuss or take action on the following items:
• A review of the Carson City Operations Scorecard including an updated Finance Scorecard for the general fund. Monthly updates on economic indicators and capital will be included in the report.
• A resolution authorizing the mayor to sign an interlocal agreement between Carson City and Douglas County which provides for Douglas to provide Geographic Information System services to Carson City.
• The Carson City Fund Balance Policy.
• An amended interlocal agreement between the Western Nevada Home Consortium, Carson City, seven counties and four other cities, assigning Carson City as the lead agency.
• A first reading of a municipal code amendment having to do with the composition of the Historic Resources Commission membership.
• The employee health insurance plan, life insurance plan, and dental and vision plans with St. Mary’s HealthFirst through June 30, 2017.
• As the Liquor and Entertainment Board, officials will discuss approving Jesus Navarrete as the liquor manager for Los Caporales Supermarket at 1621 Highway 50 East.
Supervisors will adjourn for lunch and return at 1:30 p.m. to discuss and/or take action on the following items:
• An amended Carson City Strategic Plan.
• Initiatives to support the Carson City Strategic Plan.
• The annual Strategic Planning Process for Carson City.
• A review of the city manager’s performance for Dec. 31, 2009, to June 2, 2011, and action to establish the goals and objectives through December.
The Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Go to www.
carson.org to download an agenda and a complete information packet.
Other meetings this week include:
• The Shade Tree Council meets from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Sierra Room of the community center. For more information, call City Hall at 775-887-2100.