December 30, 2004
Highway 395 was closed to commercial traffic through Washoe Valley at about noon. Personal vehicles are allowed, but chains or snow tires are mandatory.
Classes at Western Nevada Community College campus in Carson City have been canceled due to weather.
Storey County offices were also closed at noon and staff sent home due to the weather. Reports from the Comstock say about 16 inches of snow have fallen with more coming down.
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion