Breslow named new chief of Nevada agency
October 30, 2012
(AP) – The director of the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles is taking over as head of the Department of Business and Industry.
Bruce Breslow’s appointment was announced Monday by Gov. Brian Sandoval and becomes effective Nov. 12.
He will replace Terry Johnson, who last week was named by the governor to the Gaming Control Board.
Before joining Sandoval’s administration, Breslow was executive director of the Nevada Agency for Nuclear Projects.
He’s also a former mayor of Sparks and served on the Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority.
Deputy DMV director Troy Dillard will become interim director of the motor vehicle agency.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments